Morris County Treasurer
501 W Main Street
Council Grove, KS 66846
Linda Eldridge, Morris County Treasurer
Kelsey Sharr, Motor Vehicle/Tax Clerk
Melinda Small, Motor Vehicle/Tax Clerk
Connie Fisher, Motor Vehicle/Tax Clerk
Kathryn Christensen, Motor Vehicle/Tax Clerk
Function of the Treasurer’s Office
- The Morris County Treasurer’s office is an agent for the State of Kansas for registering and titling motor vehicles and renewing driver’s licenses.
- The second major function of the Treasurer’s Office is the collection of property tax on real estate, business and personal property.
- The third major function of the office is as County Investment officer and “Banker”. All monies that are due to the County are remitted to our office. We are in charge of investing the “idle” monies while it is in the hands of the County. During the year, we are required to disburse the money to the various taxing units (city, school districts, cemeteries, watersheds, townships, fire districts, etc.) for their use.
- If you are in a hurry, the days to avoid are the last business day of the month as the office is busy with vehicle renewals. Other busy days are around December 20 and May 10 as we are busy processing property tax payments.
- When doing vehicle business, please have proof of insurance on each vehicle even though they are on the same policy. The insurance card will need to list the year, make model and VIN number of the vehicle along with the policy number and expiration date of the policy.
- When paying taxes, please have your tax information (such as payment stub) available so that it can be avoided missing a parcel.
Monday – Friday 8:00-4:30 CST
Drivers License Hours:
Tuesday – Friday 8:00-4:15 CST